Workplace changes can be necessary to help businesses meet economic challenges and achieve growth, however the process of change, particularly restructuring a workforce, is never easy.
We can assist employers in the management of workplace change by:
- Advising business on obligations regarding organisational restructures and redundancies;
- Exercising due diligence and reviewing employee liabilities to ensure that such matters are recognised appropriately in any transaction;
- Advising on the industrial risks associated with transfer of business and managing union dynamics that arise in those situations;
- Providing practical advice on the impacts of organisational change and management of employee relations issues that we are aware can arise based on our extensive experience and advising in this area; and
- Ensuring management of the people and compliance issues that arise during restructures and redundancies.