We understand the complexity and difficulty that arises from the interpretation of modern award coverage and the application of provisions, and the interaction between modern awards and enterprise agreements.
Fortunately Ai Group has been at the forefront of the development and review of the modern award system acting as the leading voice for employers in the Award Modernisation proceedings (2008-2010), the two-year review of modern awards (2012-2014) and the four-year review of modern awards (2014-2019).
We have appeared in over 50 major cases concerning the four-year review of modern awards, including:
- The Casual and Part-time employment case;
- The Annualised salaries case;
- The Penalty Rates case;
- The Family and Domestic Violence Leave case;
- The Annual Leave case;
- The Family Friendly Work Arrangements case; and
- Various Modern Award cases including for:
- the Fast Food Industry Award 2010;
- the Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2010;
- the Clerks (Private Sector) Award 2010, the Horticulture Award 2010;
- the Graphic Arts, Printing and Publishing Award 2010; and
- the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
We can assist employers with:
- Determining appropriate award coverage;
- Reviewing historical award decisions to determine the breadth of coverage provisions in modern awards;
- Reviewing shift patterns and cycles to establish which entitlements are payable under an award;
- Responding to Fair Work Ombudsman investigations into wages and compliance;
- Responding to Fair Work Commission disputes regarding awards; and
- Assisting industries to change awards.