1.Collection: When you access this site, Ai Group Legal collects information relating to your visit including personal information the subject of the Privacy legislation in Australia. When you submit any Visitor Data to us, your submission is an acknowledgment of and agreement with the terms of our policy on privacy as set out in these Terms and to the use of that Visitor Data by Ai Group Legal.
Purpose of collection: Any Visitor Data of a personal or sensitive nature that is collected from this site by Ai Group Legal will only be used as necessary for the business to be transacted between us and for the purposes of providing our Visitors and Members with better services and products.
2.Disclosure & use: We may need to provide your contact details to delivery companies, mail houses, third party fulfilment contractors, financial institutions and web-hosting organisations, but we will not sell or transfer your information to a third party for marketing purposes without your consent. We may also need to pass on personal information to a third party payment clearance house for account payments or to mercantile agents for account settlement. Sometimes we need to share information with recognised authorities, regulatory bodies, governments and organisations such as banks to investigate possible fraud or other unlawful activities.
We may, in the ordinary course of our own business, use Visitor Data to direct market our products and services.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else for any other purpose unless we are required by law to disclose it or you tell us we can or should.
Other information collected on site might be used by us to enable us to be proactive in assisting you in matters that either you or we have identified as relevant to your organisation and in particular, we may contact you to assist you in navigation of the Internet itself or location of like organisations suppliers or others with whom you may deal. We may also use the information to contact you and alert you to regulatory or compliance matters that might affect you. Or we simply use the information to contact you to obtain your consent or authority to use the Visitor Data in a particular way not mentioned here.
Emailed responses and additional or new information regarding the products and services of Ai Group Legal may be accessed on this site based on information we have collected from our Visitors. Much of the information can be collected automatically when a Visitor hits this site.
- Access: Ai Group Legal access to the Visitor Data is limited to authorised persons – employees and in some cases contractors and consultants who are all bound by contractual obligations to maintain the confidentiality (where applicable) and privacy of personal information in that Data. Where there is a password or key provided to you to access this site or any secure part of it, then it is important to keep that password or key secret like an ATM PIN.
Subject to the rights of other Visitors and persons whose information may be collected and aggregated with yours, you may request access to your personal information that we hold at any time and you may at any time request Ai Group Legal to delete your personal Visitor Data held by us. We will take all reasonable steps to action that request promptly. However, there may be technical or other constraints to comprehensively identifying all such information and completely destroying all details of your visit and the information contained in your Visitor Data, as well as legal and statutory duties and responsibilities imposed on us that might also prevent us from destroying or removing from our records all such information. Nevertheless, your request will be treated, to the best of our ability given those constraints, as a signal that the information cannot be disclosed or used by us without your consent.
Given our commitment to your privacy, we can request verification from you and evidence to support such a request to ensure that the person who so requests that information is the person entitled at law to receive it.
- Security: Ai Group Legal is continually assessing and updating its systems to ensure the security of information on the website as well as that retained on our independent systems. All reasonable efforts are made to provide an acceptable level of confidence that Visitor Data cannot be used by unauthorised persons or in a manner likely to affect the reputation or standing of Visitors.
When you make payments or access your membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this web site. SSL locks all critical information passed from you to us, such as payment information, in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Credit Card details are not permanently stored on our transactional systems. We use 1024 bit encryption for temporary storage. The card number is stored until the transaction has been finalised, then deleted from our system.
Consequently, your credit card number must be entered by you each time you select Credit Card Payment for each new order.
Nevertheless, We cannot make any warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and We cannot be responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to the information you provide.
- External links: This web site may contain links to, or frame, web sites of third parties (“external sites”). We are not required to maintain or update them and such links should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Ai Group Legal of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this web site. If you access another organisation’s website using a link from Our website, you will leave the Ai Group Legal website and will be subject to the terms, conditions and circumstances of the site you visit, including the level of privacy protection offered on that site. Ai Group Legal policies and protections will no longer apply once you leave this site.
Ai Group Legal makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites. Those sites will probably also have different privacy provisions. Ai Group Legal is not responsible for those sites or for any consequences of you accessing them through our website.
- Communications between us: Where you have provided personal information to us by email, this electronic method will be used in preference to other methods of communication by us. You should indicate in your email if you prefer not to receive our marketing material in this manner. Most of the information we send to you which might be classed as direct marketing material will also provide you with an opportunity to refuse future material from us.
- Updating: If any of the personal information which you submit to us through the website, changes or becomes inaccurate, we ask that you notify us of the changes through the Helpdesk email at email@example.com or through the appropriate forms on the website if you are the Principal Organisation Contact for your company, or through the Update my Details form, all of which can be accessed once you have logged into the site as a member, so that we can take steps to correct the data we hold. Unless you tell us, we cannot be responsible for inaccurate or out of date information.
- Storage: Much of what is collected and stored is for our own use only to evaluate the effectiveness of our website and the services and products we post on that site. We use the information to improve the site content or navigation.
The sort of information we store from the Visitor Data and which might include personal information is:
- your organisation’s legal name
- your business and trading names
- the name and title of the individual who represents your organisation or accesses the website on your behalf
- the email address of that individual and the organisation
- the website address and the domain type of your organisation
- the telephone, facsimile, postal and street addresses of the organisation
- information disclosed about your organisation in the enquiry or message submitted in the Visitor Data, including information we might be able to infer from the context such as sectoral, employment, turnover, geographical, and size issues
- the subject matter of the enquiry or message.
A piece of code may also be embedded into pages of our website. This provides statistical site usage Ai Group Legal uses Google Analytics and other web analytic tools from time to time to analyse usage statistics on our website. This analysis is performed using anonymous data collected from the Ai Group Workplace Lawyers website. No personally identifiable information is collected and we cannot link this anonymous statistical data to any personal information you may have volunteered to Ai Group Legal for registration purposes or for any other requests for products and services.