TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS
Ai Group Workplace Lawyers routinely assist road transport and logistics employers in the full range of employment and industrial law issues which are common to the sector. We also have particular expertise in relation to matters associated with the engagement of owner drivers. Importantly, we have a genuine appreciation that it is a unique sector marked not only by high levels of competition but a particularly complex regulatory environment.
Our expertise in this sector is underpinned by the fact Ai Group has long played the leading role in advocating for the interests of employers and principal contractors at the industry level in major proceedings.
Issues we often assist businesses in this sector include:
- Complaints to the Fair Work Ombudsman regarding award compliance and sham contracting;
- Proceedings in the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW relating to the termination of contract carriers, alleged underpayments and non-compliance with Contract Determinations as well as other miscellaneous disputes;
- Representing hirers and supply chain participants in proceedings before the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal;
- Assisting employers manage complex cases involving ill and injured workers;
- Enterprise Bargaining (including common Union claims, wage trends and industry benchmarks) ).
We are also experts in the interpretation and application of the following industrial instruments:
- Road Transport and Distribution Award
- Road Transport (Long Distance Operations) Award,
- Waste Management Award
- Contract Determinations operating in NSW (including the Transport Industry General Carriers Contract Determination)
- Application of the Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Act 2005 (Vic)
- Road Transport and Distribution and Long Distance Operations Road Safety Remuneration Order 2014
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
There are not currently any related publications for this category