CONSTRUCTION & ENERGY
Ai Group Workplace Lawyers assist construction and energy companies in the unique employment and industrial law issues facing the sector. In addition to traditional employment law issues, employers in these sectors encounter challenges arising from a highly unionised workforce and changing regulatory needs. In particular, the presence of strong unions who test the boundaries of the law demands expert legal advice delivered in a pragmatic manner.
Some of the most common issues within these sectors include:
- Enterprise bargaining within the framework of project structures, multi-union presence and contractor relationships;
- Compliance with Federal and state industrial relations codes;
- Industrial disputation requiring representation at conciliation and/or arbitration at the Fair Work Commission and matters before the Federal and state courts;
- Fair Work Ombudsman matters with regard to award and enterprise agreement entitlements and sham contracting;
- Termination of employment and general protections matters; and
- Disputation pertaining to workplace health and safety.
The Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) is a leading representative of these sectors and has longstanding relationships with all stakeholders, including the owners of projects, head contractors, energy distributors, subcontractors, regulators and unions. Ai Group is at the forefront of implementation of employment and industrial laws and as a result Ai Group Workplace Lawyers is well placed to provide assistance and representation to all employers in these sectors.
Many of Australia’s leading construction contracting organisations, power distribution companies and their main contractors have utilised the expertise of Ai Group Workplace Lawyers in solving the unique legal problems that arise in their workplaces.