Ai Group Workplace Lawyers, through its connection with Ai Group, holds a wealth of knowledge and experience on gender pay equity. Our lawyers have worked on major ‘equal pay cases’ advanced by unions before the Fair Work Commission and its predecessors, including:
- FMEPKIU v HPM Industries – Ai Group was successful in opposing a claim to increase the pay of process workers and packers to the level of general hands based on the principles of equal pay for work of equal value;
- Equal Remuneration Case 2010-2012 – the first pay equity case under the Fair Work Act in the social and community sector;
- Equal Remuneration Case 2013-2014 where unions are currently seeking pay increases in the day-care sector.
In addition to expertise in the pay equity provisions under the Fair Work Act, Ai Group Workplace Lawyers is well equipped to work with you to address any gender pay inequity in your workplaces. We can:
- assist you to undertake a gender pay gap analysis and prepare and implement strategies to rectify any pay imbalances;
- assist you in preparing mandatory annual workplace reports to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency about gender diversity in your workplace.
Ai Group Workplace Lawyers’ relationship with Ai Group, a WGEA Pay Equity Official Supporter, means that we are the first to know about any legislative or regulatory changes in the workplace gender equality space.
FIND A SPECIALIST
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
There are not currently any related publications for this category